PACIFISCENCE candles are made to provide you with the best candle experience. To keep your candles looking and working their best (and safest) please follow our tips!
- For best results, burn your candle in 3-5 hour intervals.
- During the first several burn intervals, there may be wax build-up on the side of the vessel. Unlike paraffin and soy candles candles, our natural wax blend does not have a “memory” and the wax will even out across the vessel with continued burn intervals. Do not try to force burn the candle from edge to edge - it will do so on its own.
- To minimize sooting, trim the candle wick as needed when the candle is unlit and the wax is solid to maintain a wick length of approximately ¼”. Usually wicks.
The wick will slightly curl while burning and will self-trim to some extent. However, wicks that become long, excessively curled, or “mushroomed” can create high flames, smoking or soot. If this occurs, its time for a trim! Extinguish
We recommend using a candle wick trimmer – this makes wick trimming much easier and convenient.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Blowing out your candle causes the wick to smoke and may create soot on the vessel.
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room away from drafts, fans or air conditioning - burning your candle in these conditions/environments can cause sooting or rapid burning.
- Store your candle in a dry area away from direct sunlight - using your candle box for storage is a useful option.